More often than not we hear people complain about how much pain they endured during their last dental visit. Can we blame them? NO!. Dentistry often requires patients to endure pain depending upon the treatment. But is there a way to avoid such tormenting pain? YES now you can. The use of Laser in Dentistry is nothing short of a Game changer. Laser Dentistry offers a more comfortable treatment option for many Dental Treatments involving Hard or Soft tissues when compared to Drills and other Non Laser tools.
What exactly is a Laser?
Laser is something most of us are familiar with but don’t exactly know what it is apart from knowing that is refers to a light source. The term “laser” originated as an acronym for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation”. In simpler terms a laser light is a concentrated source of light simulated towards a target to alter it in some manner.
How can one benefit from having performed a Laser procedure in Dentistry?
- The Laser precession ensures patients lose less blood than traditional Surgery.
- The Laser will sterilize the gums, which reduces the likelihood of having an infection.
- Anesthesia may not be necessary for certain Dental treatments.
- Minimal Bleeding as compared to traditional methods like Drilling etc.
- Removing Certain harmless tumors which are not exactly harmful but might be a cosmetic inconvenience.
- The use of Lasers can help regenerate damaged blood vessels.
This is not to say that Laser Dentistry do not have any drawbacks of it’s own. Like one might still need a dose of Anesthesia for certain Laser treatments. Similarly some kinds of Filling may still require performing more traditional procedures like Drilling etc.
But the merits of Laser Dentistry greatly outweighs the minor shortcomings and can make a Dental visit almost Painless and can immensely help people having serious phobia of a dental visit especially Children.
We at Dentartz have access to the best in class Laser dental Instruments for a safe and Painless surgery, feel free to contact us to learn more about a Laser treatment.